Ed Hitzel’s Table for One Radio Show (now also on 610 a.m. in Philadelphia)
A three-hour, award-winning broadcast every Saturday morning on every aspect of the food and beverage industry, dining and restaurants in New Jersey. Celebrity guests include Mike Ditka, Georges Perrier, Craig LeBan, John Bull, Tim Zagat, Paula Deen, The Soup Nazi, Daniel Boulud and more.
Listen on the web: www.wond1400am.com, wsnjam.com or by clicking on the antique radio (below, left.).
For a list of current guests, Click Here!
Radio Schedule. The show broadcasts live from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays and reaches all of southern New Jersey and into Delaware and Pennsylania on three stations.
- WOND, News talk 1400 am in Atlantic City, Cape May and Long Beach Island and the Delaware beaches.
- WTEL 610 am In Philadelphia (formerly WIP) reaching Cherry Hill area, the Poconos, Maryland and west to Lancaster, Pa.
- WSNJ 1240 am in Millville reaching Cumbertland, Salem, and Gloucester counties and Wilmington, Del.
The mission is to support and celebrate the hospitality industry as well as independent restaurants. Ed Hitzel interviews local, regional and national guests from the food and beverage and travel industries including well-known chefs, owners and hospitality celebrities.
The guest host is different each week. The role of the guest host is to help Ed interview the guests and run the show. The guest host need not be in the hospitality business, but should have an interest in the business. If you would like to be considered for guest hosting, send Ed an email.
Several quirky, unique and award winning segments are heard throughout the show:
- Gary Monterosso on beer. The nationally known beer writer began his career right here.
- John Mahoney on wine. Mahoney teaches wine classes and hosts wine dinners.
- “The Cranky Chef,” Michael Huber, with his unique view from the kitchen.
- Natalie Bailey is the Culinary Sleuth, who helps listeners find recipes, ingredients, kitchen tools and other lost, unknown or missing pieces of the culinary world.
- Rick Van Vranken of Rutgers University with “Facts from The Farm.”
- Natalie Bailey, home economist, cooking teacher and former owner of the Summy House Tavern in Manheim, Pa., offers culinary tips.
- Travel segment: Occasionally we also travel by phone to an exotic, luxurious, unusual or unique restaurant, hotel or resort. These segments are recommended by you the listeners, PR firms, or Ed when he finds places while traveling..
- Derek Timm reports on the Philly area dining scene.
- Kimmy Kocktail reports on the region’s nightlife.
- Cindy Silvert is corny, beefy, and wry with her weekly commentary.
- Ed Hitzel’s observations of southern New Jersey restaurants and the food and beverage scene.
- Recipes: Our guest chef shares recipe secrets and inside tips from the restaurant and kitchen.
- Trivia: Questions from guests and the host, offering banter and gift certificates to callers who puzzle over the answers. What’s the most unusual thing in your refrigerator right now?